Monday, November 28, 2011

Family & Food

Hi everyone!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! Mine was perfect, just enough time home to unwind and spend time with my family before coming back here to study hard for finals...ahhhh!

I'll admit, one of the biggest perks of being home is the food. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about Alliot..but there's really nothing like home-cooked meals..and of course some favorite local restaurants thrown in there. I ended up taking quite a few pictures while I was home this break, so here's a little glimpse into what I was up to at home...

Dad carving the turkey on Thanksgiving...
I obviously couldn't eat it, but it looked pretty good!

Roasted vegetable cous cous from the Chocolate Mill
restaurant in downtown Glens Falls...so so so good

& my other cousin Abbey
My cousin Alyssa at the Chocolate Mill... 


Some pumpkin cranberry dessert
(they have absolutely amazing desserts)

My mom's homemade black bean soup and bread! 

Minestrone soup from Mama Riso's restaurant in Lake George.
Awesome Italian food...everything is homemade!

These were just some of my favorites...as you can see, I was probably a little too excited about food this break. Time to hit the gym :)


...Some other things I did this past week? 
Nikki and I at the game!

Attended a Queensbury hockey game with Nikki, my lovely friend from home...


Oh, and went to see Breaking Dawn with her and her friend from work on Saturday night...SO GOOD! Fan of the books/movies? Check out Alex's blog!





So that's all for now! Fully scheduled day ahead- classes, homework/studying, shopping, and my weekly Panera date with Galya and Sara!


Questions about SMC or just feel like chatting? Don't forget about Twitter & Formspring!


-Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment