Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Years in Connecticut

Hey guys!


Well, I'm back in New York! Where did I go, you might ask? I was in Connecticut for the weekend to spend New Years at my friend Clare's house with her and our friend Mary! (Yay, SMC friends reunited!!) It was great to be able to see a couple of my friends from school over break and get to celebrate the new year with them!


My weekend started off on Friday with a 3 hour train ride, and when I arrived at the train station, I was greeted by a huge hug from Clare! Then, after picking up Mary at another train station, our weekend could officially begin! One of the cool things about being at Clare's house- her brother and his girlfriend are both SMC alumni, so it was almost like a family reunion of sorts. Anyways, Saturday we slept in and then headed to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner that night, then we celebrated New Years! Friends, music, and food...the best way to ring in the new year. On Sunday, we spent the day relaxing and then headed to the movie theater to see Young Adults and eat way too much popcorn and candy. With this, the weekend came to a close and I got on the train to head back home. Successful trip to Connecticut? Absolutely!



Clare and I on our way to get Mary!
grocery shopping!

Vegan lasagna, thanks Mrs. McGrath!

Mary and Clare serving dinner


Getting ready to celebrate New Years!




So now that I'm home, what are my plans for this week? I get to see my wonderful roommate on Wednesday and Thursday when she comes to visit!! After that, we'll just have to see! I'll be counting down the days until it's time to go back to SMC at that point. :) Also, I'm working on a list of things I plan on accomplishing in 2012, so keep an eye out for that! (New post in progress)


Don't hesitate to ask questions on Formspring or contact me via Twitter!


-Juliana

No comments:

Post a Comment