Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Freshman Dorm Before & After

Hi everyone!

I remember at this time last year, I was SO anxious about getting to school and what the dorms would look like, who I would meet, and how it would be to live away from home for the first time. Let me just say...it's only been a week since leaving SMC for summer break and I'm already dying to go back! I never could have imagined how great my freshman year would turn out...from friends to classes...SMC has really become my home :) One of the biggest parts of that is where you live and how you make your space truly your own...for me that was Ryan 212! Here are pictures of before & after...


pretty simple, boring, not personalized
bright, happy, feeling like home :)

I chose to go all out with my favorite color (pink!) and make my side of the room as cheerful as possible..which really made it a great space to live in all year! Make sure your room is somewhere you enjoy spending time- it's your new home!

Also, I loved having my bed lofted all year...first semester I had it lofted halfway (as pictured above) with my dresser underneath. Second semester I chose to loft it fully so I could put my desk underneath as well, which really opened up the floor space! Either way, lofting your bed is a great option for maximizing space in a dorm room. SMC uses two different lofting companies- Loftmeister (which I used) and Vermont Loft & Futon.


Don't forget- Twitter/Formspring!


-Juliana

1 comment:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that Ihttp://essays-writings-service.net/
    have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.I’ll use this information for my essays.))

    ReplyDelete